Monday, April 21, 2008

The Color Pink

So my whole career as the USU's band office manager has been amazing. I've learned so much as I've worked for Dr. Rohrer. I've learned everything from repetoire to politics. Not only that, but I have met so many awesome people! I've gotten to know several band directors in Utah and a couple of band directors at universities. Working in the band office has been a great experience and I'm really going to miss working there in a couple of weeks. But I know it is time to move on. :)

Well, as the manager I make a lot of copies, whether it's assignments, handouts, music, you name it. Several times I have to make colored copies, but I can never do anything in the color pink. EVER. Dr. Rohrer seriously hates the color. So if I'm doing anything for the bands, or for him, that color is out of the question. Everytime I get to make a colored copy of my choice I always ask to do pink. Haha. Dr. Rohrer just laughs. So today he asks me to copy a flag handbook for class tomorrow and the cover is supposed to be a color. As always, I say, "Any color but pink, right?"

But this time he said, "Actually, it originally came in pink, so why don't you just do it in pink."

Wow! I was so amazed! I was like, "Really?"

He said, "This better have made your day." Of course he was smiling. :)

Man did it ever make my day! And boy are they pink. It's pretty awesome. I can't wait to see his face tomorrow. :D So now I feel like my goal has been accomplished. I can now leave the band office in peace knowing I did get to copy one thing for Dr. Rohrer in pink. *Sighes*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tayna, you would write a whole blog entry about the color pink! :D

Tayna said...

Haha! Of course I would. :D