Sunday, July 18, 2010

Day Two - Joy

I decided I needed to give myself options so I didn't spend forever just thinking about writing. Three-hundred and sixty-five posts is an awful lot so if any of you have suggestions throw them out there. It would be fun to get prompts from people. Feel free to challenge me!

For the moment I wrote down several emotions and folded them up. Emotion of the day: Joy. Here's the excerpt for the day:

Sara's eyes flew open. It was her birthday today! Her bright hazel eyes glanced anxiously around her sunlit room. She was not five years old! A huge grin spread across her face. She scrambled out of bed, ran to her bedroom door, and yanked it open. "Mommy, Mommy!" she hollered as she raced down the hallway, pink nightgown flowing with her.

In her parents' bedroom her mother rolled over at her daughter's approach. "Mommy, it's my birthday!" Sara exclaimed.

Her mother gave Sara a sleepy smile. "It is, sweetheart."

"I'm five years old now!" Sara began climbing onto her mother's plush bed. She plopped down and stared at her mother, her expression still one of giddy excitement.

"Yes you are, sweetie." Her mother sat up. "And do you feel older?"

After a moment's thought Sara replied, "I do!" She crawled over towards her mother and gave her a big hug. "Mommy can we have cake now?" she asked.

Laughing, her mother returned the hug. "We have to wait for Daddy to get home tonight." She kissed the top of Sara's head. "But I canlet you open one present."

Sara pulled away, her grin even bigger than before. "Okay!"


Haha aren't kids so cute?

No comments: