Monday, March 9, 2009

Bad Day

Today was honestly the worst day I have had in so long! First off I have been alone in my apartment since Friday. It is Spring Break for USU so all of my roommates left. I figured no big deal, right? I would just be alone for a few days, but I would be working and getting stuff done. Wrong! I have slowly been going insane on these long, lonely days. So today I woke up to get ready for school. I was teaching down at Mountain Crest for a high school science class today. I got ready and attempted to do my hair. That was the first thing that went wrong. I just got my hair cut and I am experimenting with a new style that I love, but of course my hair wouldn't cooperate. I gave up quickly because I didn't have time to try anything new anyway. Then I tried to get something together for lunch and honestly, nothing sounded appealing. I knew if I didn't take something I would regret it so I suffered for a hot pocket. At 7a.m. I walked out the door into a white blizzard. I knew it had been snowing from last night so I looked anxiously at my car. Yeah, a foot of snow was covering it! Gah! I thought, alright, it's alright, I don't have to be at school until 7:47a.m. (Who puts that for a starting time?) Well, there I am wading through a foot of snow on the ground and I am in heels. It took me ten minutes to clear off my car. Finally I make it out of my parking lot. Well, I knew I needed to get out to Hyrum the quickest way possible and me, being not very bright this morning, decided to drive down a steep hill. I almost killed myself! I couldn't control my car and I couldn't brake. Thankfully I did manage to stay fairly straight, although I did run the stop sign. No damage done. Thank goodness! I was a little shaken up. I took the rest of the drive slow. I didn't make it out to Mountain Crest and park until 8a.m. So I am late, but I figured it was to be expected. Teaching was easy. No lesson plan had been left for me so my classes watched a movie about killer whales. The movie was really good the first time I watched it, but I had to watch it three times. I finished one book and started another, but I was going crazy. I longed to have a conversation with someone, or at least sleep. Oh well. I survived the day. When I walked out to my car again I discovered another foot of snow had deposited itself on my vehicle. At this point all I wanted to do was go home and get warm, even if I wasn't going to be around anyone. I spent another ten minutes sweeping my car clean then another ten as I waited for anyone to let me out of the parking lot. No one would let me in! I was so frustrated. Finally, I made it home. The rest of the day hasn't been too bad. I did get my hair to cooperate with me. At least tomorrow and Wednesday won't be so bad. On a positive note I got my temple recommend renewed yesterday. I am way excited! I hope I can go to the temple on Wednesday! Woot! That's the update. I leave for my cruise on Friday so no one will here from me until I get back. Don't worry, I'll post lots of pictures. :D 'Till then!

No comments: